Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trying this out...

Stats:
I may be a little late on starting this as Mr. Maddox is now 8 weeks old. Hard to believe how big he is getting. He now weighs 12 pounds and is wearing 3-6 month clothes because of his length.

Hobbies/New "Tricks":
He is now "talking" (i.e. cooing) with mom and dad and loves to smile and giggle. This is mostly in the morning and afternoon as "crabby time" is inevitable in the evenings. Poor dad...just when he gets home from work. :)

Feeding:
Maddox is doing fantastic with his feedings. We are strictly nursing during the day and supplementing with formula and bottled breast milk at night. Unfortunately, I'm still having difficulty with my milk supply, but we are making it work. He is still waking up around 2:00 AM and 5:30 AM for feedings, but he surprised us the other night by sleeping from 10:30 PM to 5:00 AM - way to go little one! We are looking forward to the days of longer sleep patterns.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with our little "stinky". Our days consist of eating, sleeping, playing and pooping. What a life! Our days are numbered as I return back to work on January 5th. We are making the most of our time together.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, Erin. I am impressed! This will be great for all those who will only get to see Maddox a couple of times a year.
    Love,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!!! ERin and Joe even though we don't live near this blog will make us feel as though he is living right down the street. Thanks for the effort and thoughts to share him with us... Can't wait..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the videos. Maddox has changed so much. He looks great-so alert and vocal. He's even reaching for stuff! Glad your transition back to work has been smooth, Erin. I bet you have enjoyed these unexpected days off work this week. I know I have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh He is so so cute. Can't wait to see him next weekend.. I miss him and the two of you very much... Stay warm and glad to see he is now sleeping all night and letting you get the rest you need..
    Take care and stay warm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe and Erin, those photos by the professional are great. Joe I can see what you meant when you told me that the photographer had some great ideas and the presentation of that precious little package will now be forever saved. That is really neat. Did you buy the rights or the photos? Can't wait to get mine for a proud display in his Grandpa's and Nana's house... Love you all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, the two new photos are great but he is so so much more adorable in person. His emerging personality makes him just glow as he is always laughing or smiling and just being a great baby... He is my pride and joy....

    ReplyDelete